Number One

To my first born child:

Trying to get pregnant was hard. At least I thought it was hard, in all honestly now I know that not getting pregnant for 4 months is perfectly normal. I was convinced something was wrong, so we stopped trying. I told your dad that since we couldn’t get pregnant, then I needed to adopt a pet, we got some goldfish… They were 14 cents at Walmart. Of the 10 we got, one survived for a whole year! He got so fat we changed his name to Fatty! In the mists of this we went to Atlas Park and stopped by a pet shelter. Bobby and the Strays. We didn’t mean to adopt a dog that day, long story short we left with two Bischon-Poodle mixed dogs, we named them Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer. They were super cute and it was a relieved to have them home.

December 20,  your uncle was visiting and he ask me to get a pregnancy test because I was so emotional, and so I did. And guess what?? You were in mami’s belly!! It took me 2 days to go to the VA (Veteran’s Hospital in Brooklyn), Grandma one and uncle were there. They draw my blood and later that afternoon they confirmed that you were going to join us in 9 months!

I was working at John F. Kennedy International Airport at a store called IS International Shops. I worked at Terminal 3 which was Delta and Terminal 8 which was American. I decided to quit so that I can spend time with you, even when you were in my belly. It was amazing to make your Grandma Mimi cry of happiness on Christmas Eve when we told her that you were going to make her a grandma.

The pregnancy was the most amazing feeling ever. I spent a lot of time on the couch, resting, I read you books, listen to music, preparing your things. I couldn’t wait to meet you but I really LOVED feeling your little kicks inside my belly. It was beyond the most emotional experience ever.  Your due date was August 29, 2010.

Saturday August 7th was the baby shower. It was here at home in the patio, with the most important people to us. It lasted all day and I remember so many things happened that day like our room was locked and grandpa had to break the door handle! Anyways the last guest left at midnight. I took a shower and went to bed. BUT, just a little bit after 2am I started feeling some pain that was very suspicious. At this point I was 37wks and didn’t really know what a contraction felt like. I decided to head to the emergency room to get checked out. We were there until 4am but with only 3cm dilated and no contractions they sent us home.

Sunday, everyone went home (your grandpa, grandma, uncles were here for the baby shower). We went to a birthday party and I was feeling really good. The doctor called me to check up on us and asked us to go to the hospital at 7am on Monday to make sure everything was good.

We got to the hospital that Monday feeling great. When they examined me I was at 4-5cm. So the doctor said “this baby is going to be born today”. She started Pitosin right away to start the contractions. I called grandma and told her to come to the hospital (she got on the 8am bus from VA to NY).  I started feeling the pain but was too focus trying to finish my economics final online! The nurses kept telling me to get the Epidural, but I refused. Around 3pm, they were having problems feeling your heartbeats so you got an internal monitor attached to your head (that’s the scar you have!)

I was playing with the computer, checking Facebook and finishing my exam while contractions kept increasing. I couldn’t wait for grandma to get to the hospital. I was hungry and the pain was getting really intense. Nurses kept asking me to get the Epidural and I refused, so they kept increasing the Pitosin. Grandma finally got the hospital about 6pm and I felt in heaven. I could finally relax and have you, but you weren’t ready. It wasn’t until 10:39pm and 15 minutes of pushing that you came out. It was the most magical moment, your dad cut the umbilical cord while grandma took pictures of things she shouldn’t have!

Your weight was 5lbs 14oz. Your height was 20″ and you were just beautiful. After you were born they took you away for what seem forever. They didn’t bring you back to me until like 3am, which pissed me off so much, it did give me time to eat (first meal after pushing you out was Wendy’s). We were in the hospital for 3 days and to take you home grandma got you and outfit that was blue, so cute.

I will never forget every moment, but of course we never know how our memory will work, therefor, I wanted you to know how everything happen, just in case I can’t tell you myself. Anyways I love you and I hope that you can pass down your story to your kiddos when they come, if they do.

47262_431730528889_7441856_n 41132_431733863889_1508712_n 44462_431727773889_3196166_n 47003_431728008889_2792136_n


January 19, 2014. Tags: . Uncategorized.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: